MaiA DS Amplifier
Pro-Ject MaiA DS Amplifier
If you're looking for all of the features and power in larger amps but don't have the space or want to keep things more minimal, this is for you. It's powerful enough to drive efficient speakers to satisfying levels.
Stereo Integrated Amplifier: The Pro-Ject MaiA DS integrated amplifier is rated at 40 watts x 2 channel @ 8Ω or 55 watts x 2 channel @ 4Ω.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Pro-Ject MaiA DS utilizes a 24-bit/192kHz Texas Instrument multi-bit delta-sigma DAC (PCM1796) for exceptional sound quality from the unit's USB-B input, optical & coaxial digital inputs, and built-in Bluetooth.
Asynchronous USB-B Input: The Pro-Ject integrate amp provides a USB-B input to connect your Windows PC or Mac computer for playback of compressed and high-res music files stored on your laptop or desktop. The unit's USB-B input bypass the inferior DAC in your computer and utilizes the 24-bit/192kHz DAC of the MaiA DS for exceptional sound quality. Asynchronous technology allows the digital clock inside MaiA DS to control the flow of data coming from your computer. This method of communication leads to less jitter (timing errors) for the unit's built-in DAC to deal with which results in clearer more defined sound. The unit supports PCM (up to 24-bit/192kHz) and DSD (up to 5.6MHz/1-bit) music files.Note: Windows PC will require a USB Class 2 driver that is installed on the included CD-ROM. Mac computers do not require a separate USB driver.
Built-in Bluetooth w/ aptX: The MaiA DS offers built-in Bluetooth (version 2.1+EDR) for wireless music streaming of stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Windows PC/Phone, Mac computer/laptop, and more. In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the MaiA DS offers support aptX for higher quality audio streaming from select Android devices. aptX audio coding technology provides even better sound quality with lossless, CD-quality streaming for compatible aptX-compatible smartphones, like many Android smartphones with OS 4.0+. The MaiA DS can pair with up to 8 Bluetooth devices, but only one can be used at a time. You'll still continue to use your Bluetooth device to control music playback and view song/artist information.Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pro-Ject MaiA DS.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Inputs: The Pro-Ject MaiA DS features two optical (toslink) digital inputs and one coaxial (RCA) digital input to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player, cable/satellite box, game system, or TV. These digital inputs will accept 2ch PCM only. The optical digital inputs support up to 24-bit/96kHz, while the coaxial digital input supports up to 24-bit/192kHz.
Line-Level Inputs: The MaiA DS includes three sets of stereo RCA inputs for connection of an analog audio device, like a CD player, AM/FM tuner, or tape deck.
Phono Input: The Pro-Ject integrated amplifier is equipped with a Phono input for connection of a turntable with an MM or MC cartridge.
Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The MaiA DS integrated amp is fitted with two pair of binding post speaker terminals which will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
Sub Output: The Pro-Ject MaiA DS is fitted with a mono-subwoofer output for connecting a powered sub.
Headphone Jack: There is a 1/4" headphone jack on the front-panel for connecting a set of headphones (16-600 ohms).
Fixed & Variable Line-Level Outputs: The Fixed stereo RCA output can be used to connect a recording device. The Variable stereo RCA output can be used to connect a power amplifier or active loudspeakers.
Simple Control: The Pro-Ject MaiA DS includes an IR remote control for wireless operation of the integrated amplifier. Control options include Power On/Off, Input Select, and Volume Up/Down. These same controls are also located on the unit's front-panel. You can also download the free Box Control app from Apple's App Store or GooglePlay onto your Bluetooth-paired Apple iOS (5.1.1+) or Android (2.3.3+) device and control the MaiA DS from your mobile device.
12V Triggers: The Pro-Ject MaiA DS integrated amplifier features a 12V trigger input and output for remote turn-on. These 12V triggers consist of a 3.5mm jack.
Metal Chassis: The MaiA DS features a metal casing which effectively protects against interferences. The MaiA DS is available with silver or black faceplates.
External AC Power Supply: The Pro-Ject MaiA DS operates off of standard household current using the supplied external AC power supply and detachable AC power cord.
- 40 watts x 2 into 8 ohms
- 55 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
- 2 ohms drive capability for use with a wide range of speakers
- dual built-in TI PCM1796 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converters
- asynchronous USB input for music playback from a computer (requires USB 2.0 audio driver for Windows® computers, CD included or free download)
- plays high-resolution digital music files from a connected computer (PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution, DSD files up to 11.2MHz)
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity for streaming music from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- aptX® encoding provide high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- 4 stereo RCA audio inputs, including a phono input (for use with moving magnet or moving coil cartridges)
- 2 Toslink optical digital inputs
- coaxial digital input
- fixed and variable RCA preamp outputs for a second zone amp
- mono RCA subwoofer output
- built-in headphone amplifier with full-size 1/4" output
- binding-post speaker terminals
- THD: 0.07% (@ 15 watts)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (+0dB, -0.5dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio (line level, moving magnet, moving coil): 90 dB/84 dB/75 dB
- 12-volt trigger input/output
- If connecting to a TV, please make sure you can select "PCM" output in your TV's audio menu. The built-in DAC cannot decode multi-channel Dolby® Digital signals.
- remote control
- 8-1/8"W x 2-7/8"H x 9-13/16"D
- weight: 3.42 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year